Complete Guide To Pedong Hill Station, West Bengal
Pedong, a small hill-station in the Darjeeling district of the Indian State West Bengal. It is one of the tourist destination in the state located near to Kalimpong. The small town of Pedong is not just of the Kalimpong-Lava road. This is considered as one of the peaceful points at a comfortable elevation of 4500ft above the sea level. Snow-covered hilltops, pine forest views, and other attractions draw the attention of the travelers. The Pedong Hill Station offers a wonderful scenic beauty and a good place to relax with your families and enjoy the trekking and adventure activities.
Weather and Best Time To Visit:
Pedong Hill Station is a good place and has a pleasant weather all the year round. Attracts the tourists with its natural beauty.
- Summer season starts from the month of March and continues until May. During the period the temperature recorded of about 20 to 30 degree Celsius.
- June to September months observed as the Monsoon session in the destination. The climate is very cold and heavy rainfall occurs in the period and not a good time to explore.
- Winter occasion begins in November and lasts till February. In this period the climate looks enjoyable and the temperature ranges between 4-15 degree Celsius.
Pedong has full of surprises and tourists attracts with magnificent views of the surrounding pine forests. The best time to explore the destination in Winter as well as in Summer seasons. October, November, December, January, February and March are the best months to visit the destination.
See Also:- ” How to Plan a Budget Trip to the Andaman Island Tour “
Places To See And Attractions At Pedong:
- Pedong Surrounded by pine forests on rolling hill having attractive views of snow ranges of Mount Kanchenjunga.
- The destination has pristine landscape, unbroken forest tracts, colourful ethnic people in picturesque villages, long river valleys, monasteries, myths and hill and village trekkings.
- Camping, Nature Walks, Fishing, Mountain biking, River view, Rock Climbing, Bird watching, etc. are the other attractions in the destination.
- Damsang Fort: This is a very important place witnessed a long ethnic war between Bhutias and Lepchas. The fort built by the Lepcha to defend their territory, destroyed by British rulers in 1864. The place offers a wonderful view of the mountains and located at a short distance from Pedong.
- Sillery Gaon: This is noted as one of the new tourist destination in the state located at top of the hill, an hour walk from the ground. From the hilltop, travellers can explore the panoramic view of Kanchenjunga.
- Archery, Tinchuley point, Sangchhen Gumpa, Rishi are the other tourist attractions near to Pedong Hill Station.
How To Reach And Accommodation:
Pedong Hill Station well connected to Kalimpong. Travellers can reach the destination via by air, train and road ways.
- By Air, The nearest airport to Kalimpong is Bagdogra in Siliguri, which is 87 kilometres away from the destination. Flights directly connected from Kolkata, and other major airports.
- By Train, The destination does not have any railway station and the nearest railhead is New Jalpaiguri Station( NJP) has direct trains from Kolkata, Delhi and New Jalpaiguri.
- By Road, Pedong has well connected by road with Kalimpong, Darjeeling, and Gangtok.
Accommodation available to the tourists at nearby villages, Kalimpong, and at Rishop. Private hotels, lodges available to the tourists. Tourism department offers various packages to the tourists to explore the destination.